View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

Searching for Migas with Boogie Barnett
Posted by Boogie Barnett on Thursday, April 13th, 2045

On the bus ride to Jacksonville, a two-hour jaunt, we passed two young ladies who were, presumably, hitchhiking their way back to Jacksonville themselves. I’ve built this assumption on a loose collection of facts. First, they both had their thumbs out in the universal hitchhiking way and second, they were both wearing Trinity Baptist College tube tops. That they were also wearing way-too-short shorts made their choice in colleges suspect, but I digress.

This is the type of event that leads to questions. Like, for instance, who tries to hitchhike a bus? Does Trinity Baptist College even sell tube tops? A cursory web search uncovers that the college has a 30% graduation rate - explaining the shorts. Digging deeper into my internet research, I’m able to find TBC tube tops for sale and while they are not the same design as those worn by our hitchhiking ne’er do wells, it’s possible that their tube tops were from last years collection.

This mystery carried me through the last hour of our trip. Hopefully, they were able to catch a ride. And, I am equally hopeful that the person behind the wheel wasn’t Florida Man.

At 0-3, I can tell you that the team is itching to play some ball. To get back on track. The Jumbos are 3-0, which, if you believed the preseason predictions of most baseball pundits, is as surprising as our Solars being in a 3 game hole. We were given our Jacksonville scouting report as we entered the bus. According to the witchcraft math our stats guy uses we are the better team. We’ll have to play like it, the Jumbos are hot. 3 wins against Gwinnett to open the season may not be the most difficult of tasks, but it takes some mettle to get a sweep in this league.

As the sweepee in our first series of the season, we’ve had whatever the opposite of mettle is.
Attached Images
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote