View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:43 AM   #33
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Okay, I've quit buying packs and started buying folks from the auction. Of course, this means I need to be a little more patient and allow my team to accumulate more points. I'm platooning guys more often now. My team still isn't great, but I'm in the Wildcard race. I have some historical guys producing. Maris has 31 bombs, Mize 18 and Matt Williams 23.

Anyone know if Tony Phillips is in Perfect Team? He was the ultimate play every position guy back in the day. I signed Mark DeRosa as my utility guy, but would love to land a Phillips.

For now I intend to plug on. I really need to acquire some pitching, but I think in doing so, I will have to be patient. Just realized my bullpen is 100% right handed. Ugh~ that may explain some of my struggles.
if you want a test of ultimate patience, make a team and build it with only packs (no auction purchases). I'm trying that with my Ghost Hill team (save 1000 points, buy a pack, watch 5 irons and a bronze pop up, hang your head, repeat). It's a bit maddening waiting for a good upgrade to the starting pitching, but what can ya do

of course, if you're going the F2P route, it's a game of patience no matter which way you go, and (at least for me) you get that gut twisting feeling when you're looking at spending your hard earned 15K points on a single player and wonder if he's really going to make that big an impact (cause you won't be spending that much for a long time again)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote