View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 12:11 AM   #29
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

September 21, 1965

YANKEES CLINCH AL PENNANT
Just watched an amazing game between New York and Boston with the AL pennant on the line. With 2 games to play the Red Sox trailed the Yankees by 2 and the two clubs were ending the year with a pair at Fenway.

Today's opener saw Whitey Ford face Dennis Bennett. Neither pitcher was at his best and Bennett got chased early as the Yankees built a 7-0 lead. I was thinking time to quick sim the rest of this one because it is over but I kept with it and so did the Red Sox, battling back to tie the game at 7 in the 8th inning.

Then Bobby Murcer leads off the top of the 9th with a homerun and I figure it is over but Yastremski counters with a homer of his own to re-tie the game in the bottom of the 9th.

New York scores again in the 10th but the Red Sox answer in the home half and keep their pennant hopes alive.

To the 11th we got and New York scores 3 more times. Boston can't overcome this and the game ends 12-9 Yankees allowing New York to clinch it's 5th pennant in the last six years.

I never used to watch many games play out but the animation improvements drew me in and seeing games like this just seals the deal.
Attached Images
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote