View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 01:04 AM   #25
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
What a great dynasty! I'm looking forward to reading more.

I haven't played a historical league since a 19th-century league a few years ago (alas, the commissioner poofed and we never finished). So I'm a little clueless about how it works. How does your dynasty handle trades? Do players get traded when they were traded historically?
You have plenty of options in the historical game setup with one of them being using as-played lineups which would force all of the real trades to happen automatically as they did in real life.

However, In this sim I am not doing that though. I am instead letting the game AI run all of the teams (I am not managing any of them as I prefer in most historical sims to act as the league commissioner and let it play out) so all trades are done by the computer. I like playing this way as it creates many different scenarios such as Clemente remaining a Dodger as has been the case in this sim.

Sometimes it is close to real life as in this sim the Red Sox dealt Ruth to the Yankees, however it did not occur until 1921 in this universe.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote