View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Hey Aaron, glad youīre back on board

tbh, this mid-70īs draft problem isnīt something i would take too serious right now.
Itīs only the 2nd edition of FHM so far and beside the fact that itīs the only hockey managment sim with a historical mode (thank god) thhis mode is already in great shape due to the great DB work by JeffR.
As historical play will get at least the same developers love in the future as it already received to this point Iīm pretty sure that draft issues from 1972-1980 will eventually get fixed in the not so distant future
As it stands atm, always remember to turn your 1975 picks into more useful stuff via trade.

And Aaron, donīt forget - FHM3 will hopefully start our online rivalry in 1974
Hey Tom!

Glad to be back. I'm looking forward to FHM3 and finally starting our rivalry. Nothing will be able to to hold back my Kansas City Scouts all-star team.*

Btw, I don't mean to imply that the crew hasn't put in a helluva lot of work--I hope it doesn't come off that way. I know this has taken a lot of under appreciated work and I'm surprised at how fast the game has evolved.

Mostly I think that this draft issue caught my attention because I don't recall anything like it in the first FHM and it happens very early in the games I start due to when the begin. I admit it disappointed me at first but I don't mind working around it until a fix is found. One thing I'm trying not to do tho is milk the situation. I figure if I trade the 1975 picks then I'm basically making purchases with worthless currency. That's unfair to the PC, so I keep my '75 picks. Right now I'm tinkering with adding a few players to the game to give '75 a tad more flesh--maybe even enough for three full rounds and a couple good players.

In any event, I recognize that this is something that may be more important to me than other HM players, so I'm trying to keep my expectations in line.

Btw, I seem to recall that there was a graphics pack that someone created (I think it was you?) that allowed the generic faces to be replaced by historic pics. Is that still around and does it work with this version? I've just gotta have some of those '70s mustaches to look at!

Best, Aaron

*- put that among the list of sentences I never thought I'd ever write.