View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 02:06 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

The problem is, the NHL allowed underaged players to be taken in the first two rounds of the 1974. Right now, there's no easy way in the game to have draft eligibility vary by round in the same draft, so either we allow no underagers in 1974 and have some very significant players (Bryan Trottier, for example) not allowed to play until a year or two later than they did historically, or allow them to be taken in all rounds in 1974, which tends to deplete the draft pool badly for 1975 because the best 1955-born . We've gone with the latter.

I've taken a few steps to help with the situation - adding extra 1955-born players to the database to pad the 1975 draft pool, and changing a few settings to the way the 1974 draft handles league rights for players not selected in it. (And I think I'm also going to reduce the length of the 1974 draft as well, but haven't done that yet.) So now there are a few players, at least, showing up when you get to the 1975 draft, instead of none at all. But it's still going to be significantly weaker than other seasons until we come up with a way to do variable rules within a draft, and that's going to pose some challenges - not just coding the rules themselves, but getting the AI to handle the situation properly.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote