View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #20
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post
Cool, glad if I helped.

I chose May 2 for Opening Day in my leagues because.... its my birthday also!

And thanks for pointing out AutoRealm. I need to re-do my map for inclusion in the novel and may try doing so with that.

Again, good luck with the dynasty. Hope you get hooked. I recommend this thread on getting immersed in a fictional world, some great ideas in there.

Also, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...nofficial.html

And this was a cool league. Amazing map and backstory.
Thanks, tylertoo! Those references will be helpful. And the Koana dynasty is just incredible. When you get to point of developing a unique language for your fictional world - that is the definition of immersion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
reds1, I remember all your great logos from years ago. You were one of the best.

And now I find you are a brilliant writer and storyteller, too... your dynasty league has such a wonderfully creative backstory... it's great how you weaved in Satchel Paige, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig and the other great players.

I am looking forward to following the United Leagues of Braeland.

The map is really well done... the use of old photos is excellent... and the excerpts from the novel makes this dynasty a very special one... At first, I thought it was a real novel.

Can't wait to see your teams, logos, jerseys and caps.
Thank you, Eugene! I'm humbled! Yes, I remember very well learning how to make logos from knuckler and contributing some of my own over the years. But I find constantly making logos and jerseys can lead to burn out after a while if you don't take a break and do something else. At least, that was my experience.

Braeland was one such excursion and I've finally worked up the nerve to make it a dynasty, something I've always wanted to try. Fortunately there's so many good examples on the forum that offer ways on how to present league news in a compelling way, and your dynasties will be ones I'll be definitely be taking cues from.

I just have a couple of more 'chapters' to post and then I'll start profiling the cities and teams, leading up to opening day.