Thread: Stats Only
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #38
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
I have the same fictional setup as Wolf, although I only added feeder leagues after my first season (I'm now in my fourth year, although I simmed 15 seasons before beginning to establish a history). By only relying on stats, you are much more involved in the decision-making process, because results are what matters, not expectations due to ratings. For instance, my top pitcher is having a terrible year. Although still young, I have to start thinking that he may be declining and now would be a good time to trade him. If I checked his ratings, I have no doubt they would still be high (my scout still praises him), but I can only go by his current numbers and whether my gut instinct tells me to give him more time. That's why Wolf says you really feel like a general manager with just stats.
Right! Exactly! You have to think and make decisions like a real GM.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote