View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #174
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Ah, don't worry about females. Things will sort themselves out sooner or later (maybe much later . . . ). You certainly don't have to concern yourself about them here; as far as we know, there is only one (1) identified female member of this community!

As far as OOTP 15 goes, it has generated quite a buzz with the announced 3D ballparks and in-game ball flight. Also of great interest are the real rosters being included for various international (that is, non-American) leagues.

But to me, some of the things that really get my heart thumping are the seemingly minor enhancements like "Enhanced player history tracking (yearly salary, 2nd & 3rd place award finishes, grand slams, walk-off hits, 1- hitters, and other game performances)" and "Teams may retire uniform numbers."

Of course, Markus, being the evil genius that he is, throws in this "Even more surprise features that will be revealed before the game ships" which is the tipping point for many of us. Not for me, though. He had me (pre-ordering) at "Teams may retire uniform numbers."

The football thing came about just as I predicted, but nobody ever listens to me here.

Basically, Markus realized the demand for such a product on this side of the pond and he overcame his reluctance to make an American football game by finding a game-knowledgeable surrogate who will use much of the existing OOTP programming and GUI. I cannot wait.

I do realize, though, that this new game will go through the same learning and development curve that FHM is experiencing now. So, I will be patient with BTS 1 and look forward to its future.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote