View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Interview with Silvam14

Here is my first is a series of interviews with local forum elite and legends. Putting a human element to the person behind the avatar.

Feel free to as follow-up or additional question if they are appropriate, respectful and not invading his privacy and if he wants to he will answe them.
Thank you.

Silvam14 member since 2004 with over 5,200 post Hall Fame Status thanked over 2,700 times, ladies and gentle here he is

When and what version did you start playing OOTP?

Started playing OOTP when 3 came out (can't remember the year) I ordered the CD from Markus and it came in the mail and played the heck out of it!

What's features of the game you love most?
As much as a lot of baseball is statistics and strategy, It is a very visual game for me as well. I love the way the teams and players come to life in the game with customizable jerseys/caps/logos/stadiums. This really makes the game much more immersive in my opinion. Of course, if anyone on here has seen my posts, they are mostly contributions of the graphics variety.

What's favorite baseball team (any league)?
Boston Red Sox

How old you?
I'm 37

Where are you originally from?
I was born in Somerville, Massachusetts. (right next door to Cambridge, Charlestown, and Boston) I grew up there and was easily able to take the T to Fenway to watch Red Sox games as a kid.

Are you a family man?
Yes, I have two young sons. one is almost 3, the other almost 5

What do you for a living?
I work for IBM as a Software Release Engineer

Besides OOTP do you have any other hobbies or interest?
I play ice hockey in a men's league twice a week to keep in shape and also to keep my beer tolerance up

I also enjoy spending time with my kids, going for walks, playing all sorts of other videogames...

Your known as a "modder" or "creator" what was the first you made for OOTP and do you still have it?
Geez, its hard for me to remember the first mod I created, but I know I got started during OOTP5. I had just met my future wife who was a graphic designer and I had no clue how to even open a program like Photoshop. well, I asked her some basic questions on how to touch up logos for OOTP and that was all it took. I became hooked on the graphics aspect. I would assume some of my early contributions would have been some fictional team or league logos. I did complete a pretty extensive, if not amateurish set of circular logos back then.

What individual item or project you made for OOTP are you most proud off?
I am most happy with my jersey sets for The US Cities, Nicknames, and Canadian cities. Took a lot of my time to do those, even though I use the great templates from Deft, Gern, Reds, Txranger and the others who I am forgetting

If the OOTP team asked you be a consultant what will you change, add or remove for new version of the game?
Given the chance, I would make the jersey options more robust. (add third jersey and sunday uniform options, maybe even spring training). Also, I would like to have jersey numbers made more prominent in the game (Team Retired numbers, maybe team hall of fames with hanging banners of its members with the name and numbers. Neat little stuff like that

What other modder's work do you personally enjoy?
Man, I love everything by anyone who takes the time to contribute. Mostly, I think Justafan and gern have some real Graphics talent and an eye for color combos that I could only dream of having. Love the name mods by Questdog, and the baseball card mods by fhomess and klavier and the others as well. Some old school people like Captn. Walrus and truthserum deserve a shout as well

Is there any other game or show your currently enjoying you would like to let us know about?
When my team is flagging, I enjoy blasting things in Borderlands 2 on my PS3 other than that, I play FHM, NHL14 and Diablo 3.

Last edited by Padreman; 11-13-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote