View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #77
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinerGB View Post
Well I've played FM since it was Championship Manager in the mid 90's. The best game was probably CM 01/02 (which I still play on occasion)...
Thanks to your post, MarinerGB, got curious about CM 01/02. Found out that it was released as freeware a few years back. Downloaded it a few days ago.

I really don't know what football is all about - never played it nor followed it. But, then, 4 years ago, I didn't know anything about baseball until I discovered OOTP. After 4 years, my knowledge and appreciation of baseball has grown by leaps and bounds. Thanks to OOTP.

I'm hoping I'll also begin to appreciate "the beautiful game" by playing CM 01/02. So far, I like what I'm seeing in CM 01/02. Although most would probably be put off by its old school UI. But we have to remember that it was developed 12 years ago! What I love about it is its simplicity. It's simple enough for a newbie like me, but also challenging enough not to be boring.

By the way, quite a number of people prefer playing CM 01/02 over the recent versions of Football Manager. This reminds me of those who prefer playing OOTP 6.5 over its recent iterations...
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote