View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
sprague
All Star Starter

another issue with playing a development historical league is that the best overall players may not be the best overall rated players.
a guy with 2 good years and then got hurt may have high potential numbers as the engine has 2 years to work with, as opposed to a guy with 15 seasons who may take a hit as his next 3,4,5 years were average that the hurt player never had to suffer. so along the way you may have to boost the odd player in the draft if you think his potential has come out a bit lower than expected us to this factor

If you are concerned with making sure ted williams and babe ruth ect are good, then the most important thing to do is have talent randomness at 1. Otherwise lots of average players will bust up to be stars, lots of superstars get a big drop. and if i am playing historical i want cobb and rose and aaron ect to be good players

well my suggestions it anyway

PS are you using a spritzie High school database, or a spritzie db. The high school one has the players all come in as 18 year olds and you would see more lower values to start. if it is an actual db just revised some then the players come in their first year of being in the ml, which of course means they are rated far better than someone just coming out of the draft

Last edited by sprague; 05-19-2013 at 03:48 PM.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote