View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #53
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
The 2 files are what is actually used for import. When using neutered stats the regular .csv are only used for informational / historical information.

The reason for files 3x larger? Simply the regular csv only have real major league statistics for major leaguers. The neuts have stats for their entire careers and for all the players in the database.

Thanks, so if I want to edit the files I should edit the "2" files and just ignore the regular files, move the .odb from the file folder so the game doesn't read that and then import my players using the master.csv? And if reading your reply correctly I should import using neutralized stats and not real life?

What I am looking to do is take some players who had injury shortened careers and fill them in with fictional stats as if they played a full 15-20 years, plus take some guys from the juice era and tone them down as well, then when importing players I want to set potential as "career totals". I think it will have a better effect than using "peak seasons" as some guys with 3-4 good years will have potention the same as Ted Williams... I am only planning on importing about 200-250 players starting in 1900 through present day with the rest of the league being fictional.

Last edited by Aumakua; 04-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote