View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Customizing OOTP.

I didn't buy 12 nor at this moment have I purchased 13, reason being when I started buying OOTP it was to play in online leagues that used real life teams and players this was mainly to talk baseball with baseball fans (baseball fans in England are rare).

Anyway over the years I've gotten more and more into fictional leagues specially solo leagues, in past versions doing fictional leagues was pretty easy but with the change of the world file it's gotten a bit tougher hence this thread. So this is the main reason I haven't purchased the last two versions of OOTP, although I would like to purchase 13 if I can get my mind right about changing the files.

First thing I'd like to sort out is the continent to continent section within the world_default file, I've posted an example below and some questions although obviously it would be expanded within my game as I have 14 states and around 3,000 cities, towns and villages but you get the idea.

<CONTINENTS>
<CONTINENT id="7" name="Northern Territory" pop="300000" lid="" abbr="NT" dem="Nord">
<NATIONS>
<NATION id="1" name="Skelphland" pop="300000" lid="" gender="" bbqual="5" abbr="SKE" dem="Nord" time_zone="">
<ETHNICITIES>
<ETHNICITY lid=
</ETHNICITIES>
<STATES>
<STATE id="1" name="Arundale" pop="100000" lid="" abbr="ARU"
<CITIES>
<CITY id="1" name="Abberley" pop="100000" lid="" lat="58.35" long="04.24" abbr="ABB"
</CITIES>
</STATE>
<STATE id="2" name="Burtonshire" pop="100000" lid="" abbr="BUR"
<CITIES>
<CITY id="2" name="Abberton" pop="100000" lid="" lat="54.57" long="03.17" abbr="ABB"
</CITIES>
</STATE>
<STATE id="3" name="Caldershire" pop="100000" lid="" abbr="CAL"
<CITIES>
<CITY id="3" name="Abbeydale" pop="100000" lid="" lat="55.54" long="01.68" abbr="ABB"
</CITIES>
</STATE>
</STATES>
</NATION>
</NATIONS>
</CONTINENT>
</CONTINENTS>

The main question is have I done this section correctly ?

What does lid mean in the ethnicity line ?
What does lid mean in the state line ?
What does lid mean in the city line ?

(I'm thinking it means the same in each line)

What nation id will be safe to use to safeguard against updates in the future ?
As above but for the state id.
As above but for the city id.

If say the population of the cities within a state is 100000 but I put the population in the state line as 100001 will it make a difference ?

Same goes for the nation line if the states population add up to 100000 and I put 100001 in the nation line will it make a difference ?
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote