View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 01:56 AM   #69
dieselboy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Theman View Post
I should preface this by saying I'm not even remotely sure it will work, but its worth a shot:

try to add the argument " -unlicense" (with the space but without the quotes) to the operation line. To do that, find the game's link on your desktop, right-click, go to properties, and where it has the program's location just add that onto the end of it. When you try to run it again (as an admin, in XP compatability mode just to be sure) that should hopefully bring up the elicense console, thereby (theoretically) forcing runservice.exe in your Windows folder. If it appears, just cancel out of the console, as you just needed it to show up. Check your Windows folder to see if it's now there - it will take some looking, and it may not have been indexed yet so manually search. If that gets it to show up, go through the DEP process of selecting both OOTP.exe and runservice.exe as exceptions. After that, you'll have to restart (any DEP changes will force you to restart). If you've been able to do that, hopefully all will be well. If not ... ?

edit/PS - Once you get it running, don't forget to remove the " -unlicense" argument from the shortcut
I followed your manual step by step, but this step isn't working. I added " -unlicense" to it and when I go to run it it says "OOTP Baseball has stoped working - windows can check online for a solution to the problem." After I close that box it says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005) click ok to terminate application.