View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #37
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
Listen, I don't mean to be ugly.....but are you not reading my posts, or are you just dense? I'm the guy that said YESTERDAY that the pre order guys shouldn't be mad about a price drop over a month later, especially one that is only $10. I bought a new Iphone 2 months ago...paid $200. Now you can get a better one for $100. Them's the bricks. So, since you don't seem to be following my problem to well----WE AGREE...the price dispute shouldn't matter to us the consumer. That's between Markus and some obviously bad business partners.

My argument, again to be clear: A price dispute should not have anything to do with getting the game patched to the most current version. I should have access to the most current patch regardless of where I bought (not stole) the game. At this point, I'm being treated like someone who pirated the game. And that is not right, no matter how you try to look at it.

Are we clear?
Let me first say that I agree with you... This shouldn't be happening.

But if I am understanding this correctly, the other company has actually changed the registry and version number of the game, and it is for this reason that OOTP's patches won't work. I haven't yet been able to suss out from the few official posts on the matter whether or not they were supposed to do that, but if they weren't then this once again reflects more on the other company, with Markus and Co.'s primary responsibility in the matter being getting into bed with an apparently sleazy business partner.
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote