View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 09:29 PM   #7
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Thanks, pappyzan...Does their baserunning rating sometimes take precedent? Only so much you can do for some players? I would guess it does...now that I'm typing it...still, do you find that you can get a decent UBR rating for a player who is dead red in that department or is it like a player who strikes out where there is only so much you can do?

Well, I'll talk to you later.
Moving their individual sliders will help no matter how low their Baserunning rating is. For instance, 100 Boudreau is as slow as they come and has a Baserunning rating of 21. I've set his slider to the left a few spaces because he sucks running the bases, and both of his BR stats are currently 1.1. However, Griffey's BR rating is higher and so is his slider, but both of his BR stats are currently negative even though his BR rating is much higher.

No idea how much BR stats come into play from game to game, but chances are they're like all other individual/team sliders where setting them to what works best for your player/team may win you a few more games each season. But could also just be all luck, who knows really.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote