Thread: Managing games
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #9
rink23
Hall Of Famer

I also am one of those who manages/plays every game of my team's games, outside of exhibition.
When at the plate, I go by one pitch until I feel the situation favors my hitter or he has no choice but to swing.
When on the field, 99 percent of the time I go with one pitch, unless I feel the situation dictates something else.
I probably play every day at least a series but sometimes more.
If I have a team that is on a roll, I'll keep on playing until it cools off.
I think the most games I have played in one day is around 10.
I usually pop in a game or two early in the day when I can sit down for a half hour or so -- the benefits of working when you feel like it - and then play a string of games at night.
Games probably take 30-35 minutes and the write up on my franchise thread another five or so.
I started my St. Louis River Walkers franchise on OOTP19 back on Nov. 18, 2018 with the 2018 season.
The Midwest Baseball League consists of 24 teams -- two leagues featuring two divisions of six.
It features teams built through a draft of the major league and minor league players in OOTP19.
There is no designated hitter and no wild cards.
The franchise graduated to OOTPXX for the 2022 season.
It is now May 3, 2024. The Walkers sit at 14-15 and are tied for third place.
During its history, the Walkers won the championship in 2018, won the division but lost in the championship series in 2019 and since than finished in third place for three consecutive seasons.

Last edited by rink23; 09-28-2019 at 02:39 PM.
rink23 is online now   Reply With Quote