Thread: FHM 6 Idea's
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 02:37 PM   #88
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW fanatic View Post

I agree that the GM has to have more input. After drafting, signing, staff, renewing contracts and trading with the rights of my Russians there isn't anything for the GM to do but click "next game, "next day". The above is all done between July 1 and July 4....I do really enjoy these 4 days but there really needs to be more. I'm complaining with no solutions...sorry. Not sure what the GM could do but this is why you guys make the big bucks...lol.
Absolutely, this is a problem. To me there are a few things that should be done to make this part better. First of all, renewing contracts is too straightforward of a process. You click renew contract, the player asks, you accept and the next day the contract is signed.
Renewing a contract should be a much deeper process, especially with high end players. It should include meetings with agents, discussions, there should be space of maneuvr for us. Now you can just obey what the player dictates.
Similar things should happen when you want to sign free agents. There should be more players who take their time. We should also get more inner news, reports from our coaches and assistants. Simulation of contracts, trades, buyouts, contracts burying, and the likes.
It's an area of the game that has a lot of room for improvement.

Not to discuss about players' behavior, especially in european leagues...
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote