View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 05:50 AM   #52
32koufax
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Strat-o-Matic? Well, to be honest, I am pretty sure we already outsell them by a huge margin
Markus,

I played Strat since 1970. Cards and dice and then the computer version. This is the 1st year I did NOT order the computer game. The computer game, IMO, hasn't changed much at all the past 5 years. It is stagnant and outdated. During game play for instance, the lineup for the team at bat only shows the real life stats. There is no option to view the replay stats for the 9 players on offense and there is no option to even display the defensive team's players on the game screen. Small yearly changes such as adding a pitcher's WHIP number to their player stats is a small upgrade for the money they charge per yearly upgrade.
I've championed many, what I thought, useful suggestions to the company and they were never adopted by Strat. Perhaps they are short on money, manpower or both, I don't know...
I will say that OOTP gives me so much to view in my yearly historical replays. What I thought about inaccurate OOTP historical replays a few versions back, is completely gone. As I wind up my 1963 replay, I'm amazed at the accuracy of the game engine to produce not only accurate league totals, but also beautiful player stats. Introducing as played lineups, transactions and now hitters L/R splits w/ OOTP-19 is fantastic.
Great work by everyone!!
Jack

Last edited by 32koufax; 03-15-2018 at 05:58 AM.
32koufax is offline   Reply With Quote