View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #53
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg591971 View Post
Sounds good. I started up a game (chose Ladera) and left everything as it was the way you set up the league. I don't like the idea of hamstringing the KIA teams with a salary cap when their budgets aren't that big to begin with.

Something else I'd like to get your opinion on...expansion. If you were going to expand the KPL to 20 teams down the road, which cities would you use? Pardee, Bankside and Horshoe Bend all look like good contenders. Maybe even move some of the larger KIA city teams up and just add new cities to the KIA.
I finally got back into town and had a chance to look at the city details again. The expansion cities you list are the next largest in population. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to list all of the cities on Google Earth, but you can list all cities where a team resides. None of those cities you mention has a high school team so they don't show up on the Google Earth map. Pardee is up in the NW corner near Yampo and Ballston so it might not make sense to have another team in that remote area. Bankside is located in the north central area of the map. They are on the south bank of the river where up where it runs horizontal almost due south of Pine Flats. Horseshoe Bend is probably the best candidate as it sits on the north side of the river in that same area, in the valley just east of where the mountains start.

I have also played around a little bit with the financials to see if I could prevent big contracts from taking place in the KIA. I tried lowering the overall stages of contracts in the independent league, but teams still paid high dollar for the stars and newly set lower amounts for role players. This resulted in KIA teams having even more money.
There is an option for a player salary cap in league setup - I have never tried this, but it looks like you can control the max contract salary for one player through this option.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote