View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #20
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
Pick whatever you think is vaguely correct and post your suggestion. My favorite example is weather. Last year, a request for weather was made in the historical thread.

How is weather historical league related? I don't know, but the suggestion was made, the suggestion was logged, and the suggestion was implemented.
Ah - oddly enough you slightly read my mind. The suggestion (one of many) that I was thinking of was to do with the weather, in that the weather is setup against cities and then applied to ballparks (which don't actually have a city) based on the city of the team that owns the ballpark.

Weather should always be tied to the city as should the ballpark, which shouldn't be tied to the weather. Running fictional leagues and moving a team to a new city, you have to remember to create a new stadium otherwise the old one comes with you to the new city and as Crowded House would say "always take the weather with you"

So I'd want to see the ballpark editor have a city field, and for the game to pop up some sort of warning if the team is based in a different city to its ballpark.