View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #47
Nunyer
All Star Reserve

I don't think there is a bug here... but more of an exploit issue... taking the CPU for cash via the trade block. In my current league, I can't replicate anything like this... as there are only two guys on the trade block and both of them are owed huge amounts of money. There is no way I could extract more cash from the CPU then the value of the remaining contract.

As far as trading in general, I think the AI has gotten better every year... and that's really what matters. But if I had to offer suggestions for improvements, it would be in the default way that the AI evaluates players. I want to see more instances of teams refusing to even discuss trading their 'extremely popular' young stars under team control... I think certain young stars should be untouchable no matter what the offer... at least until they are facing some kind of huge arbitration or free agency payday. "We're aren't taking calls on Player X... don't call us, we'll call you" ... Something like that. But with everybody for sale and any given time... you can quickly fall into a trap... While I don't ever intentionally rip-off the AI on any individual deals... I sometimes find in hindsight that the collective effect of multiple deals adds up to something that gets a bit over the top... Mainly because the AI is willing to wheel and deal on anybody.

I don't like the standard approach of simply cranking the trade difficulty... although that will make it near impossible to acquire young stars from the AI... it also means you end up having to ridiculously overpay for an average bullpen rental or 4th outfielder.
Nunyer is offline   Reply With Quote