View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Many of your complaints are things that you can control and fix/modify yourself, by changing the settings.

That's one of the beauties of OOTP, how customizable it is.

If you find the game too easy, play stats only.
Already do that

Quote:
If there are too many free agents, set the draft to have less rounds and generate less players.
Granted, I can do that

Quote:
If you don't like how accurate or inaccurate the scouts are, change the scouting accuracy level.
I'm not questioning the accuracy of the scouts. Let's say the scout finds a guy who in reality stinks, but my scout THINKS he'll be great and takes him in the first round. Whether he turns out to be wrong or not, he THINKS the kid will be great, which is why he drafted him in the first round, so why then tell me he will amount to nothing? If that was the case, why draft him??

[/QUOTE]If you don't want the cpu to hire coaches, change the settings so it can't/won't. [/QUOTE]
Never saw that setting. I did change the setting that the AI could promote/demote minor league players, but that's it.

Quote:
So don't blame the dev team because the initial settings don't work for you, then throw up your hands and say 'this game sucks, I'm outta here'. Change them until they do work for you. That's what most of us do.

And if you've actually looked at the feature list for OOTP14 and you don't think that there's been any major changes, I just don't know what to say. The int complex added, the entire fielding model has been overhauled, the pitching staff setup has been massively overhauled...
I never said the game sucks. I'm still addicted to v.12, even though there's very little challenge. I would just like to see some bugs fixed that have existed since OOTP11, if not earlier. It's like replacing the interior of your classic car, painting it, putting the original, stereo in it, shiny chrome, but yet the windshield has bird droppings that have been there for three months.
Critical Mass is offline   Reply With Quote