View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 12:23 AM   #20
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

I am putting the final touches on the graphic aspect by unzipping a 1901 facepack (I'll give you one guess on who's I am using :-) and for my logos I always use uniform logos, either Dreamteams or the ones created by JDEW.

The next step is to make a copy of the entire contents of your HOB.lg folder (except for logos and photos). I use the backup copy to do my initial testing. The testing is designed to get good league settings that generate realistic 1901 stats. On some occassions I have ran 8 to 10 1901 seasons until I got the numbers exactly where I wanted them.

What do I look for? Two things. The leaderboard has to look good. I want my home run leader somewhere in the 10 to 20 range for each league. It is okay if one or two players challenge or even surpass the .400 mark but I do not want 7 or 8 hitting that high. I am not as concerned who the names on the leaderboard are but more concerned the numbers look good.

Just as important is the overall league totals. I go to Baseball Reference and compare the real life league totals stats to the stats generated in my sim. If something is way out of whack I tinker with the league settings, recopy my original league and input the new settings and try again. Once it is close I am ready to go.

I will post my initial test sim results shortly.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-30-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote