View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #2795
Goliathus
Major Leagues

The OL competition is tougher and so are the competition above Iron(I realized Iron is a farming ground, I have seen a lot of abandoned teams right there that are just free PPs for any active team). You definitely need more than Ichiro and Gwynn if you want to commit to that plan. I think you will need to commit at least 7 good and above hitters to pull that off. Or have some defensive wizards to sort of shore up your weakness. My experimental team has no defense and that is a problem for Bronze, which I am happy with cuz I don't want to go to silver while I am experimenting, but not for you if you want to win.

If you don't have elite all-around batters, might as well stick to a more specialized ballpark. You will win more that way, albeit with less PP gain, I guess.

Edit: All my pitchers are stuff-based and the best of them have 800-1000 from the K-related and LOB achievements. In theory, I think a team made up of great MOV + CON pitchers, great defensive fielders who can hit for contacts and such can earn fair amount of PP. You just need to get a lot of the perfect games, Maddux and that kind of achievements. The great contact hitters and defensive wizards can generate okay PP from batting and might net you some defensive achievements like DP and such.

I think your pitchers have to be stuff-based to get PP in an offensive park because the only huge ballpark factor that affect stuff-based pitcher is AVG. I assume Double and Triple are related AVG as well, like you need to connect with the ball for a chance to get a double or triple. So the only thing that is blocking a pitcher from getting a K is the 1.1 AVG. Other than that, he just needs to K enough batters. Heck, the 1.1 AVG might actually help that, cuz your outs are more likely to be Ks. With defensive liabilities around the board and offensive ballpark, the chance of a non-Ks out is lowered. On the other hand, MOV and CON pitchers rely on low scoring games to earn PP, and will do horribly in the PP generating department in an offensive park. Still, if you want to win, I am sure MOV and CON pitchers are better than stuff only pitcher. Stuff only pitchers are just jokes in PT, with no value to a winning team IMO. All-around pitchers are great though.

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-21-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote