Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #372
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

That's definitely big value for Sanu, I have to think the price would have been lower for any other team for a few different reasons. Also implies the Broncos either aren't serious sellers yet, the price for Emmanuel Sanders is very high, John Elway won't deal with the Patriots, or some combo of the three.

I won't lie, I picked the Jets for my pick 'em league last night (call it half blind fandom, half being one game out of the lead for the week and knowing everyone else would pick the Pats so I got cheeky). This makes it now five out of six games where Gase has called an atrocious game for the Jets. Predictable first down runs, little play action, and the most damning factor of all: the worse the Jets O-Line plays, the more long-developing plays Gase calls with no viable hot route. I was ecstatic when the Jets hired Gase based off his work helping Peyton Manning run an offense around his weaker arm post-neck surgery and his ability to keep a mediocre Miami team competitive, but I whileheartedly believe he needs to be one and done. The Dallas win was purely circumstantial (the Cowboys were without both members of the best tackle duo in the league, lost Amari Cooper early, and saw Michael Gallup forget how to catch the ball).

The Jets now enter the ridiculously easy slate of their schedule, with Jacksonville, the Giants, the Raiders, the Redskins, the Bengals, and the Dolphins twice in the next 7 weeks. The team will probably recover and win 4-7 of those games, but it doesn't change how awful Gase has been against the good teams. With the Steelers also coming up late in the season, I look forward to a second season of Gase after the team "shows a lot of fight" in the second half beating up on teams in their tier of the NFL hierarchy.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote