Thread: Historic Draft
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
I don't think you are trying to hide anything, i just think it's stuff that is overlooked, or something you just didn't think of. Having the wrong playoff matchups according to seeding and NHL rules which ARE stated in the game, or the wrong teams with home ice advantage seems like a really easy fix, and if that stuff is ignored after being aware of it, then I don't have the confidence in the developers of the game that would continue to keep me as a customer.

I agree there are some things you can't replicate perfectly. I get it. It's a game. In game communication and accuracy of playoffs don't qualify in my mind. Those are things that can be fixed or improved on, and should be.
Well those will be getting fixed. Or rather find out what happened and why they aren't working correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
I think historical database with all minor historical rosters are maybe too much to ask for, but Canada Cup and World championships/Olympics in Historical mode shouldn't be to hard to implement.

EDIT : Wrong thread, I wanted to post this on main FHM4 board in "Historical mode addition" thread...
You know, I've talked to Jeff about this because that was my thought too. But then I got thinking about it and when he explained it to me too, it was like a light going off. It isn't easy to implement because the fact is for the vast majority of those teams, they weren't NHL players. So it's scouting and correctly ranking them to begin with. Then what happens to all those players? It's not a quick fix.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote