View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Ottawa Senators Starting in 2017-18

Been playing around with the game and finally started a franchise with the club, the Ottawa Senators. I'm a massive Oiler fan, have been my whole life but I live in Ottawa and decided on them. They have been close to the Cup a few times including last season and I'm going to try to get them there this season.

My initial season as GM of the Senators taking over from Pierre Dorion was a decent one in retrospect. I only really made one big move bringing in Alec Martinez from the Kings. MacArthur and a prospect and a 3rd rounder we gave up and that was all.

We finished 41-37-4 and sadly missed the playoffs though they were up in the air close to the end of the season but lost Mark Stone and Erik Karlsson in the last 3 weeks of the year and that killed our hopes. Karlsson was the best player again on the team when he finally came back from his injury to start the season and finished with 60 points in 68 games and finished 2nd on the team in scoring behind Mike Hoffman (27-38-65).

Anderson was below par for sure for the season, didn't play great and Mike Condon was the starter most of the season. Only 2 players scored above 20 goals and JG pageau was the other. Offense was by far the problem and we need to bring in some scoring touch for next season.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote