View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #4
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Part I, Chapter I: The Founding Four

The SBL's history reaches as far back as 1871, when the first professional baseball league was formed by teams in Freeport, Greenwich (now known as Sim City), Irontown, and Maxis City. Known as the Colonial League, the four teams played a 60-game season with many of the same rules that we still see today: Nine men in the field. Three bases and home plate. A bat and a ball. Who could've possibly known that the sport invented by Doc O'Day in a Dullsville cornfield in 1802 would one day turn into our National Pastime?

These were tumultuous times for our country. There was growing resentment of the British Empire, which had ruled the SimNation Colonies with an iron fist since it was first settled in the 1600's. The Colonial League was formed as a distraction from the very real world problems that faced these people. The first World War was looming. A Revolutionary War would shortly follow. And that would be followed by yet another war that would define who we are as Sims. Baseball wasn't just a distraction. It was our moral compass.

The four founding teams all played an essential role not only in the creation of the SimNation Baseball League, but also in the creation of the country as a whole. The Founding Four are:
Attached Images

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
SimNation Fictional Universe (est. 1889)
This is Oakland A's Baseball
Beane Counting: The Oakland A's

Last edited by Hendu Style; 04-22-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Hendu Style is offline   Reply With Quote