View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
BigBoyBrackey
All Star Reserve

Here we go ...

After a fair amount of consideration, I decided against including Paul Williams, since he is no longer a welterweight, or Ricky Hatton, since he is not, at the moment, a boxer.

For these tournaments, I'm going to use Jan. 1, 2009 as the cutoff, with some flexibility. So Pacquiao will be eligible at welter and junior welter, while Hatton will be eligible at 140. I may make an exception for someone like Williams, has not fought at 154 or below since November 2008, but has fought at 157 and could certainly make the jr. middle limit if needed.

As for the welters, 15 spots in the round-robin field of 16 have been filled:

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Manny Pacquiao
Shane Mosley
Miguel Cotto
Antonio Margarito
Joshua Clottey
Andre Berto
Carlos Quintana
Luis Collazo
Yvacheslav Senchenko
Zab Judah
Jan Zaveck
Rafal Jackiewicz
Delvin Rodriguez
Kell Brook

The 16th spot will be filled through an eight-man, single-elimination qualifying tournament. Seven of the competitors in that tourney are:

Shamone Alvarez
Isaac Hlatshwayo (pp)
Luciano Abis
Jackson Osei Bonsu
Michel Trabant
Alfonso Gomez
Viktor Plotnikov

The eighth spot goes to the winner of a 10-round pre-qualifier qualifying bout between unbeaten prospects Rock Allen and Mike Jones.

Judah and Hlatshwayo will be fighting at post-prime. Also, I've deducted one point from Margarito's hp to account for the plaster.

Qualifying tournament bouts will be 10 rounds, except for the final, which will be 12. All fights in the round-robin main tournament will be scheduled for 12 rounds.

Cornermen and officials, as well as conditioning, will be random, with the computer selecting strategies.
BigBoyBrackey is offline   Reply With Quote