View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #8
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I think I've figured out how to do the two-game series.

There are 5 teams per division playing 6 two-game series each. Divide that by 2 and you get 15 series.

* In three designated "squeeze weeks" during the season, four teams in each division play two divisional two-game series while the fifth team plays interleague. After these three repetitions, two teams per division will have exhausted their allotment of two-game series while three teams will have two such series remaining.
* The remaining two-game series can't be squeezed in the normal manner. Some of them are Sun-Mon series immediately following a nondivisional Thu-Sat series for each team. (Example: 6@1 and 2@7 Thu-Sat, 1@2 and 6@7 Sun-Mon)
* If I did the math right, no team should have multiple remaining 2-game series after the Sun-Mon series are placed. Teams that still need a series can use a Sunday Opening Day to their advantage, playing eight games in the first "week" of the season.
* If this STILL doesn't solve things, screwing around with the series after the All-Star Break might be necessary.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote