View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
Fletz
Minors (Double A)

Schedule Challenge

I am planning to expand my 12 team league to 24 teams (two 12-team subleagues). The leagues each have three 4-team divisions.

League one is in the USA, League two is in Europe.

I would like to have interleague play, but almost like a tour. So at about the 1/3 mark of the season, each of the European teams comes to the US to play against six of the 12 US teams in 3 game series (18 games). At about the 2/3 mark, the US teams go to Europe to play the teams they didn't play when the European teams came to the US in 3 game series (18 games).

During the rest of the season I would like each team to play each team in their own division 10 times (30 games), and each team outside their division 7 times (56 games) for a total schedule size of 122 games. The 7 games can be played as either one 4-game and one 3-game series or two 2-game series and one 3-game series (ideally, a mixture of the two options).

In summary: each team plays 10x against each team in their own division (30), 7x against each team in their league (56), 3x against each team in the other league (36).

Can this be done?

Pete
Fletz is offline   Reply With Quote