View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #17
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

Closing Thoughts...

For the sake of anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future, I just want to offer some closing thoughts. I have learned that the Bushwicks' lost more games than they won against Negro League teams from the 1920s through 1944. I'm still trying to determine why things were so different in 1945 and 1946.

There either is available for sale, or has been for sale in the recent past, seven different style Brooklyn Bushwick caps from seven different seasons. One can also buy authentic reproductions of a 1933 jersey and grounds crew jacket. The Brooklyn Bushwicks team name has also been, and in some cases still is, sold on a number of modern apparel items. I believe the availability of these projects proves that the public is interested in the team and that if OOTP Baseball were to include the Bushwicks in a future version of the simulation it would be well received. Other posts made by others that mention the team can be found in these forums.

Perhaps what OOTP Baseball might want to do is create a "league" of independent teams that included the Bushwicks. Also included in this "league" could be independent African-American teams that did not play in the Negro American League or Negro National League and so are not currently found in the simulation. The Luke Easter's Cincinnati Crescents are a team that would be fun to utilize.
Attached Images

Last edited by MorrisButtermaker; 05-11-2019 at 09:00 PM.
MorrisButtermaker is offline   Reply With Quote