View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

Playoffs - Am I missing something?

I was new to OOTP and PT in late March. It has taken me a little while to wrap my mind around how to compete, but I seem to have the regular season (at the lowest levels) figured out. After finishing fifth in my division in 2020, my original f2p team earned a wild card spot the next two years. This past year, I led my iron league with 108 wins. I had spent $20 on my second team. Their first season was 2022. They managed to win 105 games (which they should have - honestly, the whole p2p thing felt a lot dirtier than I thought it would). I elected to go f2p with my third team. They erupted onto the scene with a 103 win season in their first year in the iron league.

I'm not writing all of this to brag. To the contrary, I am writing because I am sure I am doing something wrong. Each of these teams who led the league in wins was either swept or eliminated 3-1 in their first playoff rounds. I've tried leaving the pitching and lineups intact moving forward. I've gone to 3-man rotations and called up extra speed. Nothing has worked. Is there something I am missing?
trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote