View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #30
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

I say let norris buy Detroit. red wings is a cooler name anyway.

if there is a Montreal team that can move out of town, it'd be the wanderers. the way I see it, Montreal is a majorly french-speaking city, so the majority would cheer for the habs. not only that, but with the wanderers gone, they can use this opportunity to unite Anglophones and francophones by cheering for one team. also, the name Canadiens, while written in french, can speak to every Montrealer, Anglophone or francophone.

not to say you should fold the wanderers. au contraire, they are a good team, and they do make some money. I suggest you move them somewhere. not Chicago though, we already have a team there. maybe have them be the Philadelphia team when Pittsburgh gets a new arena and their team back.

but yeah, about that...if we really have only one city to help build new facilities, I'd go for pittsburgh. hockey is always strong there. as for Philly, like I said, once we manage to help them eventually build a new arena (the spectrum or whatever arena you have in mind.), we send the wanderers there as their new home.

as for new York, I never really cared that much about the Americans, I always preferred tex's rangers. you said something about st. Louis? I checked Wikipedia, and the st.louis arena opened in 1929. maybe you can have the Americans go to Missouri?

man, the search for new owners to keep Ottawa in town has become a running gag at this point! lol yknow what, screw it, we need to help Ottawa!

have the habs moved to the forum yet?

Last edited by kinnikuniverse; 02-18-2019 at 01:14 PM.
kinnikuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote