View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

A playable NCAA DI baseball quickstart

This quickstart has a complete college baseball (Division I) universe with 70 or so years of history simulated. This quickstart is meant to stand alone for those of us who love college baseball, and it is not suitable as a feeder league (as far as I am aware, at least).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dm046...ick_2.zip/file

All 352 Division I schools are represented in the game, including those without baseball programs in real life. History has been played out so that top real-life programs are also top programs in this simulation. Teams play 60 game schedules, with 42 games within conference and 18 games out of conference against other teams from their geographical region.

There are a few parts of this game where I use the software package R to help with some of the processes. These are:
1) Each conference has a "draft" every offseason. To simulate how college recruiting works, I created R code to award top draft picks to successful programs. (This is extremely difficult to do manually).
2) For the NCAA tournament, I created R code that serves as the "selection committee" and seeds the 64 participants. (You could do this manually fairly easily).

If you are interested in using my code for these parts of the game, please send me a personal message and I'll get you started. Please be forewarned that using this code could be challenging for those who are not particularly computer-literate

Other things that I do manually each season:
1) In early February, delete the old tournament schedules and replace them with the current ones.
2) On November 4th, delete all players age 22 or above.

Please let me know if you're using the quickstart and have any questions about how best to run things. This is what you might call a "high-maintenance" quickstart, but it's been a labor of love for me. Enjoy!

Last edited by DustyElbows; 02-12-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Updated the link
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote