View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
Anyone
Major Leagues

Schedule request: 16 teams/2 divisions per subleague, mildly unbalanced, no interleague

I'm not thrilled with the 162 game schedules available (right now using 14 teams per subleague, but will soon expand one subleague to 16 and later the other), because they're either balanced or very unbalanced, the latter as in maybe one series home/away against the other division, only 2 divisions per league.

I've been stuck using the 154's, as they come closer to what I want there, but I'd like to be using 162.

It's probably best to have a single subleague schedule of 16 teams, because I won't expand both subleagues in the same season and the subleague schedules can be imported separately. I'll expand the subleague with my team first, so the other subleague being extremely-unbalanced temporarily won't bother me too much. Then once all is expanded I can still separately import the two 16 team subleague schedules, since there is no interleague.

So, what I request is:

16 team, 1 subleague, 2 8-team divisions.

12 games against each team in the division (6 home, 6 away seems logical-- though if it worked best as 5/7 against some and 7/5 against others, that I could be okay with as well, maybe even better as it would be nice to have a mix of 2, 3, and 4 game series). That's 84 games.

Because this is the way the math works out, 10 games against 6 teams in the other division and 9 games against the other 2. That's the way to get to 78 games against an 8 team division, to total 162.

Ideally there'd be a mix of 2/3/4 game series, mostly 2 and 3, though if it works best to have all 3-game series inside a division having all 6/6's, that's okay as well.

I definitely want the schedules to work out so that at most times not all teams in a division have the same number of games played, so there can be half-games in the standings. I actually edit schedules, as is, to bring that about.

Leaving an all-star break isn't needed (though you can if you want to such that others might be more likely upload it) because I'm going to use an idea from another thread on this board and start having all-star games between the regular season and the postseason. Then performance from almost the full season is used in all-star selections, so more deserving players get chosen.

Ideally, you'd schedule the Sunday games for 2:05 pm and some Saturday 1:05 day games (I will manually if you don't).

I'd also ideally like an extra week to the season similar to what I guess is eventually happening in MLB with the new contract, meaning 27 weeks and a few more off-days.

Thanks very much to anyone who takes this on!
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote