View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #140
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I'm waiting for someone to have a run of MVP's like that in my league. Cobb has several, but I'm not sure if I've had anyone win back to back yet. I know for sure I haven't had anyone win 3 in a row. Same for Cy Youngs. Got to see the top players importing for 88. No one too exciting, but sometimes there's a surprise or two the game doesn't feature in the email. Fingers crossed.
I've seen MVP runs like that, but never Cy Young runs, except for Clayton Kershaw who won three in a row and then fizzled at age 29. I guess pitching is tougher. I forgot that this won't be four in a row for Mantle, it'll be three. SP Paul Splittorff broke through and won the MVP in 1930, and Mantle finished fourth that year. Mike Schmidt had four in a row from 1925 through 1928. Frank Robinson had five out of six from 1910 to 1915 ('10, '11, '12, '14, '15). Neil Walker (of all people) had a career year in 1913, and Robinson finished third in MVP voting that year. Reggie Smith also had three in a row, and has six total, as does Frank Robinson.

Fingers crossed for more exciting players for you. You never know with those guys that didn't play too much IRL. Sometimes the player development system takes them all the way to the HoF like Tillie Shafer in my game.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote