View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #41
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
That's the thing. Basketball is the only sport that I know where teams can so obviously demonstrate a lack of effort from one night to the next. That's my opinion, of course. Others may argue for the same phenomenon seen in other sports.

Be that as it may, the Knicks have it, bad. They gave up in January and now they are merely sleepwalking. I will be goddamned if I am going to spend any money or viewing time on a team that is not even trying.

Don't blame Mike Woodson for this, although he will be. Even if the Knicks were hustling, they would still be below .500. The reason is, they don't have leadership (sorry, 'Melo, but you're no captain) and they have basically mediocre players. Stoudemire has tanked and don't even begin to tell me that Chandler is the big man that the Knicks have needed.

So, what do they do? They bring in J.R. Smith who is too stupid to realize that pranks are bush league, especially when your coach asks you to desist and you persist. And he sucks because the rest of the league has figured out how to shut him down.

They bring in huge failure Bargnani who, if anything, would take away playing time from Chandler if he were any good. No problem, though; he sucks.

They bring in Felton who is not a very good point guard and they ask him to be a team leader. Yeah, the guy who is too dumb not to get himself arrested on a weapons charge in NYC. He sucks.

They bring in has-beens like Kenyon Martin and World Peace. Hey, Mr. Dolan, ever hear of injury-prone, over-the-hill veterans playing out the string? When they do play, that is? No, I guess not.

Meanwhile, they are/were trying to trade Shumpert and, I would bet, Hardaway, Jr., two young, future stars. For whom this time, Nazr Mohammed or Vince Carter?

Knicks management is as dumb as a stump but you know what? I would still be watching the Knicks if they played hard before losing. These guys are just plain losers.

To some extent, I also blame Carmelo Anthony. He does not deserve what he is going through, playing with a team of this low caliber, but he is the only dependable offensive alternative that the Knicks have. He is not enough to carry a team playing in the N.B.A.

As it is, the team hands him the ball and stands around while he does his thing. Or not. Trouble is, that laziness also means not getting back on defense after Anthony scores, or not. So this is why you are seeing 'Melo score 44 points in losing efforts; the final score is consistently something like 125-105 on nights when he is on, or 110-89 when he is not.

Anthony is part of the problem and I wish he would go into free agency. Problem is, the Dolans are too stupid to figure out what to do with him, or without him.

[/End of rant.]
As a Knicks fan also I find it hard to disagree with anything you said. I find the Knicks have some of the worse management in all the major sports. They just baffle me.
It doesn't help that they have a collection of guys that for the most part I don't find very likeable off the court. I was one of those people who thought they should have re-signed Lin, cause it was a good relationship for both parties. This is just a poorly assembled team.
Carmelo needs a true number 2, they need a true consistant PG. I just don't see a bright future for a number of years.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote