View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 04:50 PM   #113
Salihna_Al_Assad
Minors (Rookie Ball)

birdsoprey02 made some points that i had been waiting to hear for years....OOTP is to much "RATING" oriented and it really messes up the entire game flow.. for example:
-just like BIRDsoFREY mention, you could have a guy having a great year, but still bats way down in the line-up.

- a young player with great RATINGS but is not major-league proven( and also had decent minor league numbers) will instantly bat in the middle of the line-up.

-once a player reaches around his 30's in age, his RATINGS, decline, and because OOTP is so RATING oriented, his stats will crash down eventhought the guy won a damn MVP his previous year.

im glad the other guy is making his game a more STAT oriented game from what i've gathered but not sure. GM don't look at RATING when they draft and trade for players, they look at numbers, anyone that disagree is not being fair.

my final words are, let's get rid of this rating stuff out the game, i can't stand when my star player ages around 30, his ratings and numbers drops all the time. if the game take stats more seriously, this won't happen has often.
Salihna_Al_Assad is offline   Reply With Quote