Thread: Tips
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #5
SFGiantsFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd also pay attention to your minor league system. Keep track of your top prospects and disable the AI promotion/demotion. This way the AI won't jerk them around if there are injuries and you can decide when they're ready to move on. When you have a good farm system established, you can trade extra prospects, like having 3 great shortstops that are all the same age, to fill other holes through MLB-ready talent or prospects at another position. Developing your own talent also ensures you have cheaper pieces that allow you to sign free agents that might put you over the top.

For the major-league level, I like to build around a great starting rotation and bullpen. Elite relievers are almost a dime a dozen compared to other positions, but having an elite bullpen lets you shorten games and lock down wins, as well as steal you wins by keeping games close. I also believe in great defense and having a little speed and having players who have good contact/eye/avoid K's. Having a good combination of these lets you get players on base to score runs even when you don't necessarily have a lot of power hitters.
SFGiantsFan is offline   Reply With Quote