Thread: Bug
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 02:02 PM   #15
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
I had this bug happen again. [snip] here's the scenario:
  • I don't know if I saved the game (but the game seems to save itself constantly). I don't know if I advanced to the next day.
  • I did other stuff in other apps for a few hours.
  • I restarted iOOTP.
I don't know if this will help -- I've never seen this particular scenario, although I have had some seasons that went well over 162 games. But I see one thing to think about -- your assertion that the game saves itself. It does, sort of, but it's really easy to quit without saving. I do this occasionally to avoid a serious, even career ending, injury, or to make sure my team beats a team I really hate.

Try this some time when you're not too worried about losing something:
  1. Double click the home button to bring up the app switcher
  2. Swipe up to slide iOOTP off the top of the screen (force quitting it)
  3. Immediately tap on another app that uses a lot of memory, e.g. Mail, Netflix, or Bleacher Report
  4. Switch to another app or go to the home screen -- the idea is to use a bunch of memory quickly, before iOOTP can save itself.
  5. Start iOOTP again and continue the game

In my experience, about 80-90% of the time, you are back at the point of the last save. YMMV -- success rate will likely depend on how new your device is (how much RAM it has) and how quickly you can make it launch one or more apps.

Perhaps something similar is happening to you? Perhaps always saving before exiting the app will prevent this?
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote