View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 06:31 PM   #5
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cubedrum
Great work! Do you playtest your fighters? Your method sounds good but until you fight 1000 fights against known opponents that are already in the game you can't be sure of the "fine tune"of your ratings.

Cube
With All respect Gentlemen Cube is talking sense, i consider my self i will say as good as most when it comes to rating fighters in the game.
But many i am sure would disagree on this LOL.

I have spent over 50 years as a lover of the noble art in one way or another, and even with my own thoughts ( i wont say expertise ) :-) much research, the help of two board games Title Bout and Championship Boxing ratings, it took me nearly a year to rate as i saw it 100 fighters

You may think that's a long time, but work it out, there are only about 365 days in a year, Often testing a fighter took me 3 days or more to get him near well to my liking correct.

Before you even start putting in new fighters in a division you have to make sure those in already are pretty near the mark, or your hard work will be to no avail.

Because we are not dealing here ( to state the obvious) with real fighters but numbers or such interacting with each other.

For example i gave after much study and research as i saw it correct ratings for one particular fighter and he blew the rest of the division away. But on paper his ratings looked about right.
I was forced to drop both his hitting power and Control Factor to make him perform as he did in reality.
As our friend Cube put it, its testing, testing and more testing.

A Little tip that might help, a fighter may have quite good hitting power but, and this is important, did he use it or was he inclined to hold back a little if so best to reduce it a shade to reflect reality.

But in the end its all about enjoying so have fun Gentlemen.
Danny
wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote