View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
azhockeynut
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lightbulb Trade AI issue in PTG

Support asked me to post here for additional feedback from the community.
I started a PTG, got the AZ Coyotes, GM Only.
First season made playoffs but bounced in 1st round by the Kings. Second season, still in progress, hit the trading deadline. When it occurred to me...
I got 0 trade proposals in year 1 from other teams, I made some trades and proposals but never got any initiated by the AI. So in year 2 I put some guys on TB, got some proposals for them. But only for guys on TB.

This makes no sense. GMs would get calls daily or weekly about trade ideas big and small. Hey any interest in moving Max Domi? as an example. So and So is a FA at the end of the season and you guys are near the bottom, interested in moving him? what would it take? You know those calls go on all the time so why as the GM did I get NOTHING like that in a year and a half?

It seems in order to get an offer I have to put a guy on the block. Now On the block seems like a public thing, like public shopping player X and it should have an effect on their morale...if they want to leave its a boost, if they want to stay it is a negative. However, there should be a way to quietly shop a player without having to come up with a ton of ideas and a bunch of trade offers on your own.

Also, is there a report that shows which teams are looking for what? I only see it in the trade offer area and that is one team at a time.... If I wanted to shop a Center, it would be nice to have a list of who is in need of one. Maybe each team could set what they want not just what my scouts think they need. they might think they are ok at center because they are grooming 3 young ones but my scouts say they are weak there.

anyhow some feedback please.
azhockeynut is offline   Reply With Quote