View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 12:31 AM   #28
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I am 51. And as I have stated in a previous post, interleague took the intrigue away from the World Series. I really thought it so neat and so weird to see the Orioles in Pittsburgh, the Phillies in Kansas City, the Dodgers at the Yankees, etc. back in the day.
And as far as seeing today's stars, I wasn't upset or bummed that I didn't get to see Willie Stargell, Pete Rose, Ryne Sandberg, etc.
In the point of the other leagues crossing continually in their schedule, the separation is what made the MLB unique. You only saw each other in the World Series. Then you had to adjust to a stadium you never played in and players you never played against.

And even being old school, I hope the DH comes into the NL. I've never liked the pitcher batting. Eight to nine times out of ten, you know what's coming before he even walks up to the plate. Plus, you can tell when pitchers, pitching to their counterparts, throw their nastiest stuff because they know they're not going to hit it. When a 98 MPH fastball is blown by a pitcher at lightspeed, some of them have a "Yeah, that wasn't happening" look on their face when they casually walk back to the dugout.

And to go along with Boomcoach..."And get outta my driveway, ya' hooligans with your ipad phone cell thingamajigs!"

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 09-12-2019 at 12:38 AM.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote