View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #15
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I'm lazy and usually just hit randomize nicknames a few times. I ended up scrapping this league though. Couldn't get the post season to play like I wanted. I'm currently in year three of a new random debut using a two sub league setup. 1969-76 setup. I'm using wild cards though to keep the races lively. I think I finally have 1 year recalc working with random debut. This was my true love, but it got really funked up during OOTP17 and 18. So bad, I never even tried it with 19. Finally gave it a try with 20 and I'm liking what I see so far.
I understand using wild cards. I ran the Redneck League from 1960-66 and although I won two league titles and was runner-up one other time I never won a division title at Meridian. I always got into the playoffs as a wild card. Arch-rival Biloxi seemed to always win the division and then I'd knock them out in the playoffs.

BTW, I thought Baton Rouge Governors was a good nickname seeing as how Baton Rouge is the capitol city of Louisiana. I wish I had used it instead of Billikens.

Last edited by Buster Cherry; 09-11-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote