Thread: Tanking?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 07:26 AM   #23
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I think there is a far more basic question that we might not all share a common answer. Specifically, why is tanking bad?

I contend that deliberately attempting to lose more games than winning - which is allowed when certain parameters are met, as per the dev team themselves (even though this contradicts their own TOS) - is, in and of itself, not inherently bad. We see stronger and weaker divisions every single season even when all teams are attempting to compete - getting rid of the few teams that tank (in both legal and illegal ways) does not fix this.

Tanking becomes bad specifically when a team is so bad that it disrupts average point earnings from their opponents, providing a systematic competitive advantage that far exceeds mere wins and losses. If my actions in one season provide a long-term multi-year competitive advantage to my opponents, then it is wrong.

Winning less games than you are capable of should not be a crime. If it were, every single theme team would deserve a ban, regardless of their level of play. Team construction only becomes an issue when it directly affects the in game currency beyond normal variance.

If I'm not giving you an unfair amount of points, then please let me run my team however I see fit, and please trust the relegation system to do its job.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote