Thread: New features!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #371
clamel
All Star Starter

Opener/Followers

How prepared is the AI on this new strategy. It's not only as the old using of 3-4 relievers as some team in the past had to do, when their starting pitchers was too tired.
Now the strategy even got a name openers/followers. The extreem is also now that the opener just do 1 inning (even 1 batter) sometimes I understand.

So for this openers/followers to work good I read some articles and this one from MLB website looked fine to start with. But the complex in it I started to wonder how the AI is programmed to deal with this ? It's not like a normal rotation and should we have settings (and AI extra help) on how the other team that goes to bat looks like. Taking Romos example is what's on my mind. Faciing no lefties to have max outcome.

So how deep will the AI go using it the supposed correct way, if there really is a correct way.

Would be very happy if some pointed out how the AI work out this. I have the impression that it's kind of no-brainer and just used or not by the AI without any thought on these finer details. Must be very hard to program this kind to work as it was intended to do.

https://www.mlb.com/news/who-will-fo...ner-c277690164

Sorry I know I put this first in a separte thread but it got lost and I think this new feature should be better explained, at least what to expect from the AI.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote