View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 10:18 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
This is a completely fictional league from the beginning (started in year 2000). In the beginning, when I created the league, there were what seemed like ample star player distribution across the league. As I've played through a number of seasons (now 2018), it seems like as star players have retired out of the league, they have not been replenished with other star players through the draft or international free agent signings. In other words, the star player pool (at least according to the ratings) is drying up as I play through more seasons. This has left me with a league of mostly average players (per their ratings).

Does this correct itself over time?
left-handed, I only play one league... no minors... use the reserve roster.

64 teams... 8 divisions with 8 teams each.

I noticed that after about 10 years, my rookies did not perform well... the Rookie of the Year competition did not have many qualified players.that had good stats.... that when I first noticed the lack of talent.

I finally started creating my own draft class using the free agents screen to create new players each season... the draft created too many players that never amounted to anything.

I still create the rookie class each year and assign them randomly to each team... 2 players each year per team... this works fairly well...except the pitchers do much better than the position players... but I noticed not too many rookie performed well this season.

I create a variety of talent... a few stars... some good players...mostly average players and a lot of bench players.

The game does not seem to do a good job of replenishing talent each year.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-11-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote